Saturday, November 5, 2011

I need about three naps

Some crazy things be happening these last two weeks.

First, one of the Korean teachers got in a car crash last Monday and has been in the hospital for a week and a half. As far as I know she's going to be fine, but the only reason we've been able to cover her extra classes is because we had new teachers starting their training last Wednesday and they've been subbing.

On that note, three new teachers started this week and three left.  Much crazy hecticness.

We had the costume incident on Halloween which was not so great, and that morning Brittany found out that her grandmother died suddenly on Sunday night in California.  She has been a mess since and left yesterday to go back to the US for a week after a whole debacle with the principal  about what is the appropriate way to get a sub for an emergency situation.

Thankfully, my friend Yin-A is back in the country with a recently expired contract and an F4 visa so she can legally cover for Brittany this week.

Every kindergarten class had a musical presentation for their parents this week so all of the teachers were getting ready for that and making sure the kids were all ready.  My class did the Wizard of Oz.  They were freaking adorable.

This is also the week of grade reports and writing end of the month tests, so it's been totally crazy.

It hasn't been a horrible week, it's just been a lot of stuff to deal with all at once.  I mean, I love Halloween, so even the costumes getting in late and all of the other junk going on couldn't destroy my enjoyment of the holiday.

On a more happy note, I finally ordered some new sheets for my apartment.  Sheets in Korea are actually hella expensive and not particularly common so I just ordered some from an American site and had a larger selection and a slightly lower price even with shipping.  It will be nice to not have to wait for the top sheet to dry to put it on my bed, seeing as how I only have one.

Korean number of the day: 육 (yook) or 여섯 (yo-sote) - six
Korean word/phrase of the day: 미국 (mi-gook) - USA

No comments:

Post a Comment