Why is my gym always closed on days that I have off? Those are always the days I want to go the most because I'm not pressed for time and don't typically have to get up early to go. Stupid gym. Make me get up at 6, get dressed and everything and then be closed when I get there. Not cool.
I have officially changed my internal clock. I can no longer sleep past 8am. It's a very odd sensation, especially considering my past sleeping habits, ie college time. It's very weird to just pop awake at 7:30am after spending 23 years not wanting to get up until 10.
I finally made it to the gourmet ice cream place. It was fabulous. I will probably make another trip there this weekend, assuming that I am not hella lazy. They had some really unusual flavors. I got lavender-honey and carrot cake. They were both delicious. They also had a carrot orange sorbet, nut job (mixed nuts), fennel, and lemon cream just to name a few. Very odd sounding, I know, but the guy who owns this place is an ice cream genius.
The weather has been unseasonably warm as of late. It got up into the high fifties a couple of days this week, and has been hanging out above freezing. I don't know whether it's just teasing or if it's actually spring. I feel like if I mail my sweaters home now it will get really cold again and I will be sad and cold with not enough layers. I've actually resorted to wearing my rain boots because apparently as soon as it gets a little warm it starts raining like nobody's business.
Big surprise: CURLY HAIR!! I got a perm. And no, it's not the 80s. They now how to do them in a tasteful fashion now. It's somewhere between curly and wavy, but slightly more on the curly side. I almost wish it were a little curlier so that I didn't have to put product in it to bring the curls out as much. Pictures will follow I'm sure.
I am officially off coffee and sweets (minus occasional dark chocolate and ice cream), for the rest of lent. This means lots of tea and no highly sugared things, whether it is baked, candy, or otherwise. So far the coffee thing isn't so bad, but I literally keep forgetting about the sweets thing and will remember after I've eaten something. It's gradually getting better.
No comments:
Post a Comment