It's that special day that only comes once every four years: Leap Day!! If you haven't yet, I recommend you watch the most recent episode of 30 Rock. You will understand when you watch it.
These last two weeks have been busy and a little ridiculous.
First, major drama. The new teacher ran away. She was here for one night and then didn't show up for training the next day. According to her, things had been bad at home and then she got news after she arrived here and had to go home within 24 hours of arriving. This seems kind of ridiculous. Personally, I think she got freaked out and ran away. We had a very panicked 24 hours at work trying to figure out what the heck to do.
In the process of dealing with the crisis, it was discovered that Yina is no longer coming to teach here. Sad face. She apparently got her dream job in the US and is not coming back to teach in Korea. Excellent for her, sad news for me and the school. We finally got a who taught over our month of winter intensive courses to come back and teach for a couple of months until we get a more permanent solution.
I have spent a lot of time prepping my class for graduation and I even had to write my own speech. If you know anything about my writing, you know that I am a huge procrastinator. I finally finished it the night before graduation. Then my babies graduated. They all did an excellent job with their speech during the ceremony. I said my speech. They said goodbye. I cried a wee bit. I will miss my little munchkins.
Today was Erik's last day of work. Tiffany, the Korean teacher in charge of arts and crafts and punishment, is also leaving. It's always weird when teachers leave and we get new ones. It kind of throws off the whole atmosphere of the office. He's not leaving Korea though, so he'll still be around occasionally which is nice.
I have the day off tomorrow, but I left work with the news that one of the students in my new kindergarten this year quit, leaving my class with only two people. To open a class, there need to be three people enrolled in it. So I'm freaking out. I don't know what's going to happen our how it's going to be resolved. I really want to have a kindergarten class this year. I think it's in my contract that I'm supposed to have a kindergarten class. In any case, there are two less kindergarten classes this year so we don't have as many extra classes to go around. Even with the one that I'm supposed to have, I would still have five fewer class per week because of the lower class to teacher ratio.
I'm getting my hair did tomorrow. Surprises to follow.
No comments:
Post a Comment