Then came the plate of mysterious green things, one of which smelled like feet. We were very amused by the whole situation and spent most of it giggling. It wasn't a bad meal, in fact, some of it actually tasted pretty good, it was just very unusual and not something where I would wake up one day and be like "I really feel like eating monk food today." Next, came the dancing.
There were three different performers who each did two dances a piece. A couple of them were really interesting, but I swear there was one where all she did was walk around the stage and play with her skirt like you would right before you curtsy. There was about a half hour of dancing followed by about 10 minutes of drumming. The three women came out with drums and played them over a drum and flute track playing in the background. It wouldn't have been so painfully funny if they had rhythm or decided not to use a background track. They would get off and you would hear two sets of drumming off beat from each other and it just sounded horrible. The girl playing the pan was particularly bad and she had the loudest instrument.
For some reason we can't explain, Kelsey and I found this night ridiculously entertaining. We spent the whole way home bursting out in laughter from the whole ordeal. In any case, if you are either really serious of have a good sense of humor I would totally recommend doing it. It's a nice look at traditional Korean culture although it is a little on the pricey side.
No comments:
Post a Comment