In general, my apartment is pretty sound proof, unless there is someone in the hall or you're in the bathroom. In the bathroom, I can hear all lovely things from other people's apartments, from flushing toilets to people hocking loogies in the shower in the morning. Most unusually, I regularly hear the person in the apartment above me puking their guts out. This is at least on a daily basis and always at really odd times and it is quite disturbing.
Yesterday night I was awakened from my grandmotherly early bedtime by bloodcurdling screams outside my building. This went on for at least 30 seconds. I couldn't see anything out the window except more people looking out their windows to see what the heck was happening. I found out from the other American teachers the next day that they could see two people talking and then heard some giggling after the screaming so apparently it was a domestic conflict and not really serious. That and the police weren't called leads me to believe that it was someone doing something stupid, but it was still hella annoying and disturbing.
This week is turning out to be excruciatingly cold. The high today was 15 degrees Fahrenheit. This makes my twenty minute walk to work extremely unpleasant. I could not feel my face when I arrived. There is also a layer of ice on everything because it snowed really hard yesterday then melted a bit and made everything ridiculously slippery.
I started filing my taxes this week and it's making my brain hurt. I need to have them done so that I can fill out my FASFA so I can have financial aid for grad school. So many extra things for foreign income which I don't have to pay for anyway because I only have to pay those taxes in Korea. GAH.
No comments:
Post a Comment