Tuesday, April 26, 2011

First Day of Orientation

I must admit it is very weird being the only white person in a sea of Asians.  Very new thing being a minority.  Also, I just realized that I can touch the ceiling of the room I'm staying in temporarily.  And no, that is not while standing on anything or while standing on my tippy toes.

Still super, super jet lagged to the point where the manager of the school saw me mid afternoon and told me I could go home early.  That could also have been because I had gotten blood drawn for my physical (which involved lots of needles and subsequent band-aids with anime foxes on them) and that always makes me woozy.

Today was spent following around the teacher whose position/apartment I'm taking, seeing his classes and whatnot.  Little kindergarteners are freakin adorable, I'm pretty excited although it appears I have some pretty big shoes to fill so I'm a little nervous about it.

I really need to work on this learning the language thing, I really hate not being able to understand things.

Korean word/phrase of the day:  뭐 예 요 ? (mwo-ye-yo?) - What is it? What's that/this?

No comments:

Post a Comment