Thursday, April 28, 2011

Recovering

I am so glad that I don't have any food allergies, cause about 75% of the time I have no idea what I'm eating.  They serve us lunch at school and it's all Korean food which I mostly can't identify outside of the rice and kimchi.  I am having no qualms about chopsticks though and actually haven't really thought about how I have used them for every meal so far.

Less jet lagged today, hooray!!!  But still sleepy and still in teeny, tiny hotel.  I did however see my future apartment, and I am very pleased, very pleased indeed.  I have a full sized bed and I'm so ready to sleep in a sprawled-across-entire-bed position again.  I almost inherited a hamster but I was afraid I'd kill it/I've owned enough hamsters to last me an entire lifetime and don't want to be responsible for a small, fluffy life right now.  I will, however, be getting some toothpaste, a couch, a microwave, a TV and some random other stuff.

Apparently Korean people do not use deodorant because I have been told that it is hella hard to find.  I really don't understand, do they not sweat?  What do they do instead?  Cause I know that France used to be unpleasantly smelly until recently because people didn't use deodorant but I have not had the same impression here.

Korean Word of the Day:  네/아니요 (ne [or nay]/ ah-ni-yo) - yes/no
In Korean, yes and no are used to express agreement or disagreement with what the other person said.  So if you are asked "You don't like coffee?" and you want to say that you don't, you would have to say "네 (ne)" to agree with not liking coffee, instead of "aniyo" for no.

2 comments:

  1. So funny. My ex-boyfriend is Korean and when he told me he doesn't wear deordorant I thought that was really weird. Because he's not a smelly guy. I'm actually pretty jealous. :P Glad you're recovering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. not opting to take care of a small rodent your first week in South Korea = win!

    ReplyDelete