This is longest I've ever been someplace where I don't understand at least a little of the language and it's starting to get to me. I can sound out all of the words and don't know what they mean, and I miss being able to listen to people's conversations, not to be a creeper or anything. In any case, I've started pretty much hardcore studying in any free time that I have. I WANT TO SPEAK A NEW LANGUAGE GAHHH!!
I still haven't quite figured out how to get my me time and take care of myself a midst working 9 hours a day so I find myself quite exhausted when the weekend comes around. It's 5 in the evening and I haven't even gotten dressed yet. Maybe I'm just lazy.
I have been making attempts to start going to the gym at 6 in the morning because that seems easier than denying myself food so it's not bouncing around in my tummy when I run after I get home from work and am starving and exhausted. So far I managed to do it on Thursday, we'll see if I can do a couple of days a week.
Apparently I can get a really good hair cut here for $18. I'm pretty stoked. I went with Brittany and one of the Korean teachers, Julie, to get Brittany's roots dyed and her hair cut. It looked freakin gorgeous. And it was relatively cheap. All of the service related things are actually really inexpensive here. Manicures, hair cuts, eating out, taxis, public transportation, etc, it's awesome. It doesn't make up for $8 peanut butter though.
I bought my ticket for Tokyo yesterday!!! I'm leaving July 25th and getting back ridiculously early in the morning on the 31st. I'm so excited. My coworker, Austin, has been really excited cause he loves Japan so he's been giving me all kinds of materials and advice about it including a list of the best places to people watch in Tokyo. Lord knows that's up there on my list of things that I like to do. And I hear the Japanese have crazy hair styles and dress. On top of that I'm so looking forward to having some Chiaki time. :D
Korean character of the day: ㅡ - sounds like eu. We don't have this sound in English, but it exists in French, so if you know French it is like the u sound in 'tu.' If you don't know French, you can make this sound by pursing your lips into a tight 'o' and saying 'eeeee'
Korean word/phrase of the day: 이쁘다 (ee-bbeu-da)- pretty
Bonus: 나예뻐? (na-yay-bbuh?) - Am I pretty?
No comments:
Post a Comment