Lately, I have been too busy to even get 2 seconds to myself, much less have time to write any blogs. There was a period of time where I didn't even get around to checking my email for four days.
I'm settling in reasonably well, although I'm still tired most of the time because I'm not used to full time jobness. I also have been going out more than I'd like. Or at least more hardcore than I'd like. I was promised bowling on Saturday night, so I dressed for and was prepared for bowling. I also did not have enough energy for anything other than bowling. The place we went ended up being way to crowded and some how this lead to us going to a club and dancing. Not what I was hoping for at all. Especially because I was completely wiped out from my Saturday daytime activities.
During the day I had gone to see 창덕궁 (or Changdeok Palace) and had taken a tour of the "secret garden" for 3 hours in the bright sun and 80 degree whether with two of my coworkers Ashley and Brittany. It was really beautiful and an enjoyable experience but it was really exhausting. Oy vey, I need to find activities that don't turn into drinking and clubbing all of the time.
I'm working on planning a trip for the end of July to go see my favorite boo bear, CHIAKIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!! I'm so excited. But for some reason tickets to Japan cost like $300 roundtrip (if you can find them that cheap) even though Japan is right next door. I need to work on this.
I am now over whatever issues I had with raw fish. Last week I went to a huge seafood market with a group of people where we picked out our own fish and gave it to people at a restaurant to cook. When being presented with still wriggling, uncooked, baby octopus and uncooked mussels, the flounder sashimi seemed like my best bet. So henceforth, raw fish and I are no longer foes.
Speaking of friends, I am very happy with the arrival of the new teacher Brittany. I think I have found a kindred Seoul. Very good for doing things other than going out to clubs every weekend for entertainment.
I'm going to try to keep this up bi-weekly, but by the time I get home from work I feel like I barely have time to eat and sleep and maybe go to the gym if I'm lucky, much less blog.
Korean character of the day: ㅜ - oooo sound, like in moo
Korean word/phrase of the day: 죽을래 ? (jook-eul-lai?) - you want to die? (not literal, more like when someone is doing something annoying)
No comments:
Post a Comment