Saturday, July 16, 2011

snip snip snip

So I had minor surgery this week.  I had a cyst on the inside of my lip from "trauma" ie biting the inside of my mouth and it was getting really awkward to talk and eat and things and I kept biting it more.  So they went "snip snip snip" and took it out.  And now I have some lovely stitches and trouble eating because my mouth awkward.  It should be good in like a week but right now it's rather uncomfortable.  Every time I make the "F" sound my teeth hit the stitches.  Yikes.

One of my kindergartners got stitches this week too.  Apparently he stuck his hand in a fan.  Because he is super smart.  He's actually quite a little punk (although ridiculously charming at the same time) so it doesn't surprise me.

When they spelled my name in Korean on the hospital forms, I gained a syllable in my last name.  I find English words in Korean fairly entertaining.  The get weird sounds and extra syllable.  Like sandwich becomes  sain-duh-wee-chi, I just didn't expect it with my name, especially considering that my first name can actually be a Korean name as well.

There is a plethora of 7Elevens and similar convenience store like places in Seoul, but not a single one of them has slurpees.  I thought that was the whole point of 7Eleven, their delicious, delicious, slurpees.  It makes me very sad.  But having one of those kinds of stores and a coffee shop on every corner is quite convenient when you want a snack or a pick me up.

Korean character of the day: - ch sound, aspirated
Korean phrase/word of the day: 진짜 (jincha) - really?

No comments:

Post a Comment