Speaking of exercising, I did not take into account the switch to the metric system in weights, so figuring out what to lift was a complete guessing game. Also, they have a handful of treadmills that use mph speed measurement and the rest use km/h which I didn't realize until today when I unknowingly got on one that was km/h, I was really confused when it got up to 5.1 and I was still walking at a leisurely pace. I can't wait until my hair is long enough to get all of the bits in front up in a ponytail again so I can easily have it out of my face while I run and sweat and all that jazz.
In the US it's a common occurrence to beep out cuss words to protect young ears. In Korea, apparently they blur out any kind of stabbing, scratching, gouging, etc. and then the bleeding that ensues. And by blur, I mean they will have a giant blurry spot over a man's torso as he is bleeding out and dying whether or not you can see his guts or just fake blood. You still know that he's bleeding and dying, you just can't see the part where the blood is coming out. It really took me by surprise the first time and I couldn't figure out why there was a blur cause there for sure weren't any naked people. Maybe I'm just desensitized but I find it not at all scarring to see a knife with blood on it in a movie. They also seem to skip over anything even remotely sexual, which I find a little more understandable. They play American movies on TV and you can tell when they cut scenes and guess what probably happened in them.
Found a couple of places right down the street to feed my nail polish addiction. I have also seen at least 5 nail salons within 2 square blocks of my apartment. Apparently they really like doing their nails in Korea.......
Korean character of the day: ㄱ - g/k consonant sound, halfway between g and k sound, non aspirated
Korean word of the day: 고기 (gogi) - meat
No comments:
Post a Comment