While I don't know if they really celebrate Mother's Day here, I do know that I celebrate it and I sent my mother a lovely bouquet of flowers proving just such.
I don't know why I've been using a laundry hamper when I can just throw the clothes directly in the washer when I'm done with them. I mean it's not like I have to worry about other people needing to wash their clothes anymore. Something to get used to, and it's kind of awesome.
Also, it is apparently acceptable here to show your legs off practically to the bottom of your butt but it is not socially acceptable to show your shoulders or really any of your upper torso above your chest for women. This is completely counter-intuitive for me. Especially because I am not at all comfortable wearing a short skirt without tights or what not for fear of a strong breeze.
Koreans seem to brush their teeth at least 3 times a day. There's a little cabinet with UV light at school where the kids (and I'm assuming Korean teachers as well) keep their tooth brushes so that they can brush after lunch. Despite this, they still have numerous fillings from what I can tell. They don't have fluoride in their water or toothpaste though so this makes me wonder if it's really more about the fluoride and less about the number of times a day brushing your teeth that keeps your smile healthy. They should maybe look into that, at least as an additive to the toothpaste. They do, however, have some odd flavors such as "Fresh Forest" which I'm assuming must taste something like licking a tree.
Korean character of the day: ㄹ - r/l sound, halfway between and r and an l, the reason that Asian people stereotypically can't say anything with the letter l in it
Korean word of the day: 불고기 (bul-go-gi) - delicious, delicious korean barbeque beef
No comments:
Post a Comment