Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I can has iphone?

Bank account: check
iPhone: check
happy happy day: check!

I finally am reachable within Korea, hallelujah it's a miracle!!!  Good thing too, cause I'm starting to meet new people and I'm like "no sorry I don't have a phone, you can't invite me to do cool stuff like rock climbing and house parties."

There are tons if little tiny bugs flying around my apartment and i keep smushing them and they keep coming back and I don't like it.  MUST SQUISH.

My kids were particularly good today.  I got three presents in the form of food.  This part of being a teacher is awesome.  I had the manager of the school sit in on one of my classes today.  Thankfully, she picked my favorite/best class.  They are very charming and entertaining but still very much contained and not crazy.  It's perfect.  And they understand a lot of English and get along well.

Went to the super americanized area of Seoul yesterday for a "Couch Surfers" meeting with one of my coworkers.  It basically felt like being in America with more Asian people.  Kind of like Chinatown I guess.  It was quite an entertaining time all around.

One of my parents friends is randomly in South Korea this week so I'm 90% sure I'm getting a free dinner out of it as well as just some entertaining company.

Korean character of the day: ㅣ- i vowel sound, sounds like double e in English ie feet, meet
Korean word of the day: 삼 (sahm) - 3

No comments:

Post a Comment