Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday funday

My washing machine sound like it's about to explode when it goes into spin cycle.  It kind of freaks me out.  I also keep forgetting to take off my shoes when I enter my apartment, which I guess because it's my apartment doesn't actually matter that much but it would be good to get in the habit.

Grocery stores are hella confusing.  Everything is written in Korean script, but some of it is English words sounded out and some of it is actually Korean so you can spend the time trying to read it and there's about a 50/50 chance that you'll be reading English words or that you'll just have no idea what it is.  I can read the writing but I can't read it very quickly so I sit there looking like an idiot trying to sound something out really slowly and then trying to figure out if it's a word that I know.  For example, I found some Sun Chips, but I didn't bother reading the flavor cause I figured it would be something I don't know anyway.  Now that I'm looking at the bag, it says "스위트어니언" which if you sound it out sounds like "suh-oui-tuh-uh-ni-un" or sweet onion.

Spent today walking around, trying to get myself oriented and buying things that I need for example tissues because I'm 90% sure I'm getting a cold.  Either that or I'm allergic to something here.  Either way I need tissues.

There is apparently a Red Mango frozen yogurt store on the main street near my apartment.  I think it must be hiding cause I definitely couldn't find it but it has moved to the top of my agenda of things to do.  And when I find it I may end up living there.  Mmmmm, froyo.

Korean word/phrase of the day:  배가 고파요 (pae-ga-gu-pah-yo) - I'm hungry

No comments:

Post a Comment