For some reason, at 3am last night, some one decided it would be cool to repeatedly knock on my door and then leave before I got there. Jerk. Who does that? Especially in an apartment building?
As winter is approaching, I'm considering winter clothing again and realizing that it will be kind of a challenge to find them. My skin is uber sensitive to wool and even cashmere makes me itchy by the end of the day. This poses a real problem in the sweater department because I can basically wear things that are cotton based and sometime acrylic based but these are no where near as warm as wool and quite a bit harder to find in heavier sweaters. That and I can't read the tags in Korean. I have been told that it gets ridiculously cold here in the winter and I'll need some really warm clothing to survive it.
My haircut model experience was not as exciting as I was hoping it would be. From what the hairdressers where doing with my hair when they were discussing how to cut it, I thought it would be a little more edgy than it is. It's pretty much like my normal hair with a little extra red thrown in. It took about an hour and a half to cut so I know it will hold its shape well, but I'm still a little disappointed. The show that was supposed to be today had been cancelled as well. I had kind of been looking forward to it. But hey, I did get a free hair cut and dye out of it. There was another model who was having her hair cut at the same time, and she had this really short asymmetrical cut where the back part was dyed red, there was a middle stripe of purple, and the front was dyed almost black but not quite. They brushed it all forward from the crown of her head so all of the colors were layered in the front and then cut it so that you could see all of them. It was really neat looking. I half want to do things like that to my hair but then I don't want to damage my hair and I don't want to deal with the upkeep of roots. I still have the occasional desire to dye parts of my hair purple. Her hair cut was definitely too short for me to deal with though. I wouldn't have been able to get it out of my face if I was annoyed with it or if I was going to the gym.
If you are ever in Seoul (and have more than two other people to do this with), I highly recommend going to the fish market at 고량진 (Noryangjin). It's apparently better super early in the morning when all of the stalls are open, but it's pretty fantastic at night. There are rows and rows of sea food vendors with live fish, crustaceans, shell fish, and pretty much anything you could possibly want to eat that lives in the sea. You buy whatever you want from them, they kill it and cut it up, then you take it to one of the many restaurants located right off of the market and they cook it for you for a little extra money. They also serve beer, rice, etc, which can add up (especially the alcohol) but if you're not drinking and you have enough people it's a great experience. I personally won't touch the still wriggling baby octopuses or the raw mussels (if that's how you decide to order them that way) but if you like to eat unusual things, this is one of the places to go. I stick to the shrimp, sashimi and the spicy soup you can get at the end from the fish carcass. It got me over my raw fish sushi phobia so it has to be a good experience, right?
Korean number of the day: 이 (eee) or 둘 (dool) - two
Korean word/phrase of the day: 물고기 (mool-go-gi) - fish
No comments:
Post a Comment