Not to be a total creeper, but one of the tenants of the building next to me had the lights on in their window today and they have an analog clock that is the size of an entire wall. In fact, I think it may be part of the wall. Totally baller.
I will officially no longer be freezing my butt off when the weather changes for the worse. I went shopping with Brittany and Jamie and got a nice, long fluffy coat full of duck feathers. So warm. I also picked up a nice hat, two scarves and a pair of fingerless gloves. Not dreading winter quite as much anymore. Now to work on the warm shoes and sweaters front.
Speaking of winter, the weather has been really weird. It suddenly got almost freezing and now it's in the 70s during the day. I don't know what is going on.
I have my Halloween costume taken care of for this year. I am going to be a peacock. They have this nifty thing where you can rent them online and they deliver them to wherever you want. Koreans don't seem to celebrate Halloween so much, but we're having a Halloween party at school which I'm fairly excited about. I love Halloween. But then again, I also love Thanksgiving, Easter and Christmas. I think I just love holidays.
Graduate school apps are way too expensive. For example, Columbia's business school charges $250 just to turn in the application. Knowing their acceptance rates and their tuition costs, this seems quite a bit ridiculous. Even if you know for sure you want to go there, there is no guarantee of you getting in after shelling out $250 and a possibility of having to do so again if you are completely determined. Maybe they do it to reduce the number of applications they get but it seems to me it just limits the applicants to people who are rich and can pay the whole tuition by themselves or people who have little enough money to waive the fee and probably get their entire education subsidized by loans or scholarships because of their financial situation.
Korean number of the day: 삼 (sahm) or 세 (say) - three
Korean word/phrase of the day: 겨울 (gi-eo-ool) - winter
No comments:
Post a Comment