Monday, October 10, 2011

Yay reverse racism?

I am temporarily a ginger.  Well, closer to auburn since it's a tint and my hair wasn't bleached out but it's still a very dark red.  And I went ginger for free.   How did this happen?  A little thing I like to call reverse racism.

There's a hair salon two floors above the school at which I work.  I have been there a couple of times for a haircut, one of which was pretty good, the other of which was not.  The hairdresser that did the pretty good hair cut called my co-teacher Jamie and told her that he needed a short hair model for a show and had me in mind particularly.  After only cutting my hair one time, I am completely sure that his reasoning behind this was "oh she's white and has short hair, let's use her."  I am not complaining about this however.  So yesterday, I went in and had my hair tinted with a semi-permanent red for free because I'm their model.  Today, after work, I am going to the hair salon for 3 hours for a cutting demonstration, that will most likely be conducted in Korean, and on Sunday I have to go back for a show/competition.  I'm kind of excited, although I'm not sure how much I will like the cut.  It's just hair, it'll grow back, so I'm not too worried.  I shall take copious amounts of picture of this event for those that are curious.

Today is a spectacular day for a Tuesday.  I don't have to be at work until two because the Kindergartners are on a field trip/picnic to a park all day.  So I'm still sitting at home just chilling and it's awesome.

Korean number of the day: 일(eel) or 하나 (ha-na) - one
Korean word/phrase of the day: 미용사 (me-yong-sa) - hair stylist

No comments:

Post a Comment