Thursday, October 6, 2011

A grape is a grape is a grape?

Koreans eat grapes funny.  The first time I saw someone in Korea eat a grape, I thought it was just their own personal quirk.  Then, I continued to see people doing it.  They suck out the inside of the grape and throw the skin away.  Maybe there is something fundamentally different about Korean grapes that I don't know about.  Even if the seeds are still in them this doesn't seem like sufficient reason to me to be a grape vampire.

Thursdays are awesome.  I now get out of work two and a half hours early.  Booya.  This also means that the sun is still out when I leave.  I also get to do random things other than go home, eat and sleep.  It also means that the next day is Friday.  New favorite day of the week right here.

Motorcycles in Korea suck.  It's not like in America where they will drive between the cars.  Instead, they do that and drive on the sidewalks and through pedestrian areas.  I am very tempted to arm bar one of them.

Fall is an awesome season for two main reasons.  Reason one: pumpkin flavored everything!!!  I love pumpkin flavored things.  Unfortunately they don't seem to be big on pumpkin here.  Even Starbucks doesn't have its seasonal pumpkin spice latte.  I miss the plethora of pumpkin.  Reason two:  I don't sweat when I go outside.  This means less clothes washing and more clothing choices.  I love fall fashion with its jackets, boots and layers.

Korean character of the day: ㅆ  - s sound; like yesterday,  this is a sound that we don't have in English, the best way that I can tell you that it is formed is by holding the b in a little longer and putting some pressure behind it like it is stuck and you are pushing it out
Korean word/phrase of the day: 포도 (poh-doh) - grape(s)

No comments:

Post a Comment